Texatherm is a heat transfer fluid formulated to meet the requirements of hot circulating systems operating at temperatures of up to 320°C. Based on highly refined paraffinic base oils with inherently good thermal stability, Texatherm contains selected additives which help to enhance oxidation stability, protect against rusting or corrosion of steel and copper, and prevent air entrainment and foaming.
Texatherm is recommended for use as a heat transfer fluid in temperatures ranging from –15°C to a maximum bulk temperature of 288°C. The maximum recommended film temperature is 316°C (the film or skin temperature is the temperature of the oil film that it in direct contact with the internal wall of the heat exchangers tubes in the heater).
1. Thermal and Oxidation Stability Exhibits good thermal and oxidation stability, allowing operation at high temperatures for extended periods.
2. Heat Transmission Maximum heat transmission to the process vessel or equipment allows the use of smaller circulating system pumps, valves and heating coils.
3. High Thermal Conductivity High thermal conductivity and low viscosity at the relevant operating temperatures helps to ensure high heat transfer rates with limited pumping energy.
4. Low Vapor Pressure Low vapor pressures at the elevated temperatures minimize evaporation, vapor lock and cavitation, and eliminates the need to high-pressure piping and equipment.
5. Low Temperature Operation Low temperature fluidity assists rapid system start-up.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
SACson AB cookies
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
SACson AB cookies
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.